Researchers who gathered in Boston for the American Psychological Association convention detailed a series of studies suggesting video games can be powerful learning tools — from increasing younger students’ problem-solving potential to improving the suturing skills of laparoscopic surgeons.
Here is my list of 5 things I learned from an MMO:
1. Don’t stand in fire. (Thanks, Dol.)
2. Following someone, and then leaving to do something else will result in injury, embarrassment, or death.
3. Growing up is all about learning new things and trying out new talents and abilities. But when you hit a certain age, all you want to do is get better stuff to wear and buy nicer rides.
4. Always carry a rock in your pocket that you can rub to get home quickly.
5. If you ever get stabbed with a sword, or hacked with an axe, you only need to sit, drink, and eat.