Very well Kinected

May 28, 2013
Very well Kinected

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but the idea that the new Xbox One Kinect camera is required to run your console, and is on “most of the time”, if not all the time, I’ll be a little less quick to down a bag of Cheetos in my undies on a saturday night while I play video games, know what I mean?

Anyway, excited about this year, and the new consoles. At the very least, this will be one of the most interesting years from a industry perspective in a very long time. Strap in! E3 is right around the corner!

28 Responses to Very well Kinected

1. It’s like the not-so-friendly twin of Max, the robot from Flight of the Navigator.

2. Jeff says:

haha this reminds me of flight of the navigator movie

3. Jeff Jewell says:

“Do not look away from… The Nozzle.”

4. Katie says:

It’s going to be really annoying if you watch any video that mentions xbox or anything that sounds like xbox. I had to unplug my kinect when I watched the press release because the damn thing kept responding to the video.

5. Foxlore says:

Love your backgrounds here Scott. A nice addition.

6. Ayhood says:

I’m waiting for some company to make a flip down cover for the kinect similar to the built in ones that are on webcams.

7. Appel says:

If you want to you could always, you know, press the power button on the Kinect to turn it off. Of course, using voice to start the Xbox wont work in that case. :)

8. Stephen says:

1984 anyone?

9. Jack Fox says:

Kind of reminds me of the eyeball thing at Jaba’s Palace in Star Wars Ep. VI.

• lurker says:

yep this is what I saw too..

• Armando says:

FOR THOSE WHO CAN’T OPEN TRAY!!! Take drive out, flip over. Sitting it vertically; mooarebthrd facing u, tray to ceiling. Under gray circular object is a? black bar. (Wiring goes around it). The left side has a hole. Theres a black button inside. PUSH IT ASK THE WAY IN WITH A SCREWDRIVER. Tray will release-pull the rest of the way open.

10. I’d consider unplugging the console when not in use but it would probably plug itself back in when I’m not paying attention.

• They make power strips with a control outlet. The other outlets on the strip are only powered when the item plugged into the control outlet is actually on. I use my PS3 this way now so that it just doesn’t sit there pulling power when I’m not using it. It does mean I have to turn the TV on first but that’s really not so bad.

11. applejuicefool says:

I don’t see how they could begin to require you to leave it on when you’re not playing…you could just unplug it if nothing else. Of course, it could be a royal pain to get logged back in and whatnot. Heck, I get nervous when my laptop’s webcam light comes on when I’m not video chatting.

-AJF

12. Darkdemon says:

Iran Sockman reference? 0..0

13. revereman says:

Ira Sockman’s cousin Ira Kinectman

• Valfyre says:

This was my first thought too.

• Slamet says:

I had one because my Xbox 360 came with one. It wkroed for a while, but considering how well I take care of my things, I didn’t expect it to suddenly stop working. It’s cheap and not very comfortable. I preferred the original Xbox headset that went around the back of the head. I also never had a problem with that one. It lasted as long as I needed it to. I would suggest using this until it breaks, and it will, then move on to something else. Perhaps the wireless headset. You can’t really play online without some sort of headset.

14. Jack Fox says:

In Microsoft Russia, Xbox spy on you.

15. LostSoul says:

…for some reason I’m more envisioning it saying “And then there will be cake” at some point.

16. Rezlow says:

I don’t care if it sees me in my cheeto undies, long as MS gives me a cut when they post my stills on “pay to see the freaks sites”.

17. Cheetos in yer undies is the best part of the week! I’ll let the World tune in if they want. That’d be an awesome video game, ‘Cheetos in yer undies.’

18. Donnerberg says:

Scott, if you think that’s bad, take into account that the Xbox will be able to tell your core temperature, effectively your bio-emotional reaction, to things. Let’s hope you don’t get turned on by creepy anime, cause the world will know.

• Donnerberg says:

No wait. It was pigment change it will read so it knows if you’re bored, excited, etc. Anyway, crazy stuff. They’ll be able to tailor ads to you based on how much you respond to cool cars and stuff.

19. Robert says:

White trash repair: Electrical tape over the lens.

20. Lavaskajunkie says:

Just pretend im not here…. Wonder if microsoft is being run by ducks Scott?

Anatidaephobia