Turn Around

June 17, 2013
Turn Around

No way this actually happens, but it’s fun to think about. There are LOTS of game experiences I desire on the Xbox One. But I can say the same about the PS4, and with a more gamer friendly approach this generation, and a cheaper launch price, I feel like the choice is easy this time around.

Anyway, have fun! (Oh, and if the 180 reference is lost on some…not sure what I can do for you. :)

UPDATE: Looks like I might have been onto something.

29 Responses to Turn Around

1. Jon Bauer says:

This comic needs more Geoff Keighley. :-)

If MS is smart they’ll throw in more stuff for that $499 price tag. Like 3 or 6 months of Xbox Live, or a game, maybe some XBL currency. Make the PS3 look very bare bones in comparison.

2. ebarrera says:

I was wondering the same when I realized that the PS4 is 100 USD less expensive but the camera will cost something between 70 and 130 USD. With this price, the XBOX One maybe a great deal with the new Kinect unit included.

PS: My last PS2 was a slim PS2. I bought my first 360 last december and I’m loving it.

• Zach Y says:

With the exception that the PS Eye is an optional accessory, whereas the kinect is required for the XBox to run and is always on, watching and listening to you in your living room…

3. ScytheNoire says:

Yup, the choice is easy. Same choice it has always been for the best gaming: the PC! :-)

4. Keith Gould says:

Right on the money, what a great strip.

5. Foxlore says:

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out for X-box.

As a gamer I am not happy about their DRM approach, but then again, I was skeptical about digital music and movies supplanting physical media and look where Amazon and iTunes are at today.

The trick will be to get the kids on board with it. If they are ok buying digital, non-tradable, non-resellable, games at $60, then it might just leave all us old Gen-Xers in the dust, clutching our plastic relics and screaming at them in sentences that start, “Back in my day…” ;-)

6. Mwahahahaa! Made my day: 180 indeed!

7. Mr. Belvedere says:

So much for my reruns :)

8. Jack Fox says:

I have mixed feelings about the Xbox 1. I think people overreacted a tiny bit, as well as overreacted a tiny bit when Sony more or less said “We are doing exactly what game consoles used to do!”

It says more about the state of gaming as a whole when sony has to announce no Online Only, and that you can trade in used games.

• Cody Shiranai says:

You can trade in first party used games… third party is another story and that is confirmed for both systems.

Also, apparently the lending games part wasn’t so truthful either.

9. Just tell me the day it comes out and how much. Then I’ll be happy. ;)

10. Lavaskajunkie says:

I will be buying the new Xbox, backwards compatibility is not an issue as I’m keeping my 360 (which will probably end up being a glorified dvd player in the bedroom after I have 2 or 3 new One games, and the price tag is acceptable with the inclusion of Kinnect 2. However my Lovefilm package will have a hefty downgrade as I can’t hire out the games on their anymore which is what I use the disc rental for. Might even switch to Netflix, wonder if anyone has consider this….Lovefilm share price may end up dropping quite a bit as most users only use the disc rental for games (peeps that I know anyway)?

11. lurker says:

The choice is easy! STAY A PC GAMER!!!!!!

12. Falos says:

Legitimate concerns aside, Xbox One is a stupid enough name for me to notch it under the “Cons” column. Not as bad as Wii, but still.

• Jack Fox says:

Which is Worse, Wii or Wii U, or Ouya?

Also I used to play Wow with Someone Named Falos, you wouldn’t be the same Falos would you :p

• Falos says:

Possibly. I did WoW for +10k hours with a few Falos variants.

The name’s rare, but not unique. Some are amused by certain… linguistic similarities.

13. Cody Shiranai says:

If you think Sony’s promises are solid (you know… like in their past history, even recently), I’ve got a beach in Florida to sell you.

14. Andrew Thomas Wilson says:

I’m pretty sure this proves Scott is a witch. I hope everyone is prepared to burn him at the steak come Nerdtacular.

15. Gretschory says:

I just have to say this: You freaking CALLED it :D Nice job. Can you predict the lottery for me? ^^

16. Yue says:

Well I be damned… you called it.

17. Falos says:

The emergency meetings behind closed doors that so many expected were genuine. They didn’t let go, but loosened up most appreciably.

However, there’s nothing to prevent reanimation down the line, could happen a month after launch if they wanted. Disconnected boxes would be “updated” by code in game discs sold. And those are just my pre-foilhat worries.

18. LauRoman says:

Needs more Bonnie Tyler.

19. Matt says:

Spelling mistake on the second panel.
    It’s -> Its