Today’s Comic: “What came first…”

September 10, 2008
Today’s Comic:  “What came first…”

No idea why this one came to me…it just did. Take it for what it’s worth. Also, black and white today…just to be different here and there. Worry not. Color will likely return on Friday. Enjoy.

19 Responses to Today’s Comic: “What came first…”

1. Novan Leon says:

Wow. I think this is one of your funniest comics yet… I love the irony.

Strangely enough, it feels like a guest comic. I guess I’m just not used to yours being in black & white.

2. JamesWilkesPoop says:

Squeeky clean wholesome fun that the whole family can enjoy. This is going up on our family fridge, next to the report card with good grades and local pizza place menu.

3. I got a good chuckle from this one. Nice to see a break from the usual!

Of course egg farmers check very carefully to make sure the eggs aren’t fertilized before cooking them. There is nothing in the world of breakfast more awful than a skillet full of bloody yolk.

4. Merchenary says:

I really dig the B&W. Can we have more like this please?

5. Gary says:

So twisted! I love it! Absolutely brilliant :D

6. stafo says:

Scott’s going vegan on us! :D

7. Brilliant! Slightly disturbing.

8. Brian says:

As a former chicken-herder (it’s a joke) I can attest that you do *not* check for fertile eggs. They aren’t bloody. The only way you can tell is a little white speck in the egg white itself. A lot of store-bought eggs are actually fertilized (getting it on in the chicken factories! woohoo!).

A lot of people think it’s actually healthier to eat them fertilized.

What you *don’t* want is an egg that was fertilized and left unrefrigerated. In that case you’re going to get an egg that’s got a half-way chick, and that is indeed disgusting.

9. mercator says:

half-way chick = Balut. Fodder for many episodes of Fear Factor and a few challenges in other reality shows like amazing race.

Most brown eggs have the embryo speck in them. Tastes the same. I don’t eat many eggs because I am old and have high blood pressure, but my wife loves them. Who knows what those little chicklets could have grown up to be… *sniff*

10. sjefen6 says:

Oh! So Mr. Color took a day off. Hope he will come back fresh and well rested :P

11. Bearbutt says:

This is one of my all-time favs.
    Top 3 for sure, and maybe even #1.

12. Animockery says:

Ok my over active imagination has now cut off any egg cravings I might have for a little while who knows how long untill it is distracted by some thing shiny.

13. Asterix says:

One of the funniest cartoons that I have ever seen! LOL
    Good job!

• Fernanda says:

I had my period on the 17th of January, i had sex on the 30th and the 31st hopnig to conceive. 2 days later i ovulated, my breasts were tender i was having abdominal cramps on the 12th of February i noticed a little blood on my panty liner but today i realize it is as heavy as my period and i have to be wearing my regular pads, my period isn’t due until the end of this week, could this be my period or implantation bleeding?

14. Eric says:

Somethings just don’t go as planned. :P

I could SO over-analyze this. Freud would have said something about sex with mothers, but he’d be wrong on all counts, but I could over-analyze this in so many other ways.

• Yago says:

, the devil is in the details And it could not be more acracute right here. Having said that, let me say to you just what did do the job. The writing is definitely highly powerful and this is possibly why I am making an effort to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, whilst I can easily see a jumps in reason you come up with, I am definitely not convinced of exactly how you appear to unite the points which in turn produce your final result. For right now I will yield to your position but wish in the near future you link your dots better.

15. Henry Gloval says:

“Which came first….” anagrammed equals Warm Chic Fetish

16. Henry Gloval says:

“What came first….” is chaste farm wit.

17. wonder6oy says:

Wha??!!…
    Farmer! That egg’s FERTILIZED!

X-p