Today’s Comic: “Trifecta”

November 17, 2008
Today’s Comic:  “Trifecta”

What can I tell you…just felt like some silly word play today. Check it.

22 Responses to Today’s Comic: “Trifecta”

1. jevon says:

i dont get it … first country to the moon was the USA.

2. Jason says:

How can you not get it? He’s fallen out of the cannon three times. Sheesh. :D

3. KenMo says:

It took me a second, then I actually read everything. The key for me was the word Literal.

Nice one Scott!

4. LaVaGod says:

oh no. Lets not start the “FIRST!” stuff here. It was annoying on the wow forums and I don’t understand why people need to claim first post.

5. LaVaGod says:

sorry forgot to mention that I thought it was funny comic today.

6. In a perfect world…all FIRSTs would get the banhammer from all forums forever.

I’d like to see literal translations of other games….like:

Dead Space – the universe with a gun to its head

Burnout Paradise – Hawaiian Islands set ablaze

Resistance – A guy lifting REALLY heavy weights

Animal Crossing – the crucifixion of small furry beasts

Brothers in Arms – Two brothers in a pile of chopped off limbs

Ok, I’ll stop.

7. Ok, one more…

Street Fighter – Pummeling concrete with fists and feet

8. Bearbutt says:

I love puns as comics. In high school, friends and I used to spend hours drawing puns. Or we’d pick a word like… eye, then draw every phrase we could think of that had “eye” in it.

9. Darth_yoda (UK) says:

Has anyone found the alien and alien blaster in Fallout 3 yet?

10. Eric says:

Age of Conan: 75 if you’re counting by the first publication, a lot older if you’re going by Howard’s estimates of time.

Quantum of Solace: Whuh?

Far Cry: Duh.

The Lord of the Rings Online: Exactly how far would that run if the Entire LotR books were written on one continuous line? (That kind of reminds me of some freak’s “modern art” of ’24-hour Psycho’ where the person had the original black-and-white movie Psycho projected from a computer onto a screen that looked like it was from a gym class health film in elementary school and slowed down so that it took 24-hours for the movie to play once. Now, is that stupid or what? It’s fine for a joke, but for a “serious” museum of modern art? I hope the government revoked the idiot’s funding. I’d hate to think my taxes paid for that.)

11. Zorbane says:

Starcraft: Watching a nebula create a star
    Warcraft: Watching GWB make up reasons for war

I’m here all day folks!

12. VBStrider says:

Oh, nevermind, I get it. That text at the top left is easy to miss… Scott should probably do something to make it more obvious.

13. Pablo says:

I got it, I know you will do whatever you feel like doing but I dont like this one is weak.
    I remember back in the 2000 or 2002 all the comics based on fps, those were really good.

14. The Thing says:

Pablo = Lame.

15. Eric says:

Hmmm. IIRC not all the comics in the way-back were all FPS-based.
    Anyway, to each their own. There’s always Experience Points at Crispy Gamer. They’re not all RPG-based.
    (And for the record, I did, indeed, make a Jawa… I mean Death Knome… uh… Death Gnight… Death Knight Gnome.)

16. Eric says:

I might add that someone SO needs to make a game based on the title banner.

17. Pablo says:

@The Thing
    dude Im just saying what i think about it, he can do whatever he wants.

18. NirvashOne says:

really funny scott, thanks for the laugh

19. Gordy says:

Short, sweet, and funny. Thanks Scott

20. R3bbit says:

You lost me on this one.

It appeared to me that he was flopping around on the ground like a dying fish….not that he had fallen out 3 times.

21. Eric says:

The action is retroactively implied for three independent scenarios but not shown. If you expect the action to be shown between three frames of a single incident, you will see a man flopping around.
    I guess one way to clear that up would be to rewind each scene to the point of impact, but IMHO, that takes away from the gag of drawing the line from the cartoon title to what the comic shows. This is one where you laugh at the person making the pun and says “Get it? Huh? Ya get it?”. In this case, it’s the comic itself. One can imagine someone rolling their eyes at the person making the pun, and I feel it makes it even more comical.
    Of course, this process takes more effort than some wish to make because it makes them feel like they were made a fool for taking the time to figure out a bad pun… as if the joke is on them.
    IMHO if that’s how they feel, then yes. The joke is on them. :)