Today’s Comic: “The Explosive Truth”

May 9, 2008
Today’s Comic: “The Explosive Truth”

it is late as crap here. But by gum, I got a comic up. This is a bit of a tribute to the fact that my 7 year old son watched the old cartoon for the first time today. It sort of weirded him out a bit, but not quite to the point that his poor little head popped. Hence the comic. Oh, and I recorded it.

20 Responses to Today’s Comic: “The Explosive Truth”

1. b3nnic3 says:

The new movie and cartoon they have out are a disgrace.

2. Zorbane says:

Unfortunately I don’t remember anything from the original speed racer :(

Other than the theme song

3. Energyone says:

Never seen it, what is this comic referring to exactly?

4. Dan says:

They just put a bunch of Speed Racer up on Hulu.com.

5. Eric says:

Needs more blood on the walls. :) (Tired here, too, but I remember thinking that someone should put the little kid and the monkey in a home for annoying, uncontrollable, mental-case children that are constantly putting themselves and everyone else in danger and that Speedy should lock his danged trunk if they’re always getting in there. I also remember that “pose” speedy would do — and as the still-scene turned, he’d still stare at the “camera” like some static-faced doll with a swivel neck never taking its eyes off of you. That was creepy from the get-go.)

6. Molly says:

When I was about 4 or 5, my little brother and the neighbor kid would always play Speed Racer with me…of course I was Trixie!

7. Telythugy says:

I want Speed Racer movie to be so good because i LOVE the cartoon, but I know it will stink.

8. Icesnake says:

The great thing about anime is they always have the same characters; they just keep putting them in different situations. You’ve got an average guy with pointy hair (Speed keeps it under his helmet), a monkey, a girl, a huge musclebound guy, a kid, an old man, and sometimes a few “extras”. Usually the girl is tall and skinny to the point of thinking she’s a sapling, but that’s not a hard-and-fast rule.

The *good* anime breaks the rules. Astro Boy (the original), for example, and Gigantor.

9. Kremer says:

awesome soundtrack, but i miss Brian ;(

10. Brian says:

Funny thing is, I just watched my first episode yesterday as well :p

Oh sure, I had seen the Speed Racer movie years ago (the old cartoon one, I rented it once), but still, that was a long long time ago.
    Yeah, it was pretty craptastic, but, you can’t help but love it :D
    Sprittle and Chim-chim though… they’re just annoying.

11. mercator says:

I think I have a few of the old hot wheels cars somewhere in a box, in well-played condition. Never was too into the cartoon, but the car was cool looking at the time.

12. Squinky says:

I just rented the old toons for my kids. I had forgotten how…..unique it was :)

13. Bex says:

The movie is probably pretty true to the cartoon, considering the cartoon was, um.. How to put this.. “special”. Very special.

14. Mike slc says:

neck bone!

15. Energyone says:

Smashing Pumpkins ftw!

16. Marcus says:

darnit, hulu.com wont play for it’s closest little brother up north. Stupid copyright law! i guess i’ll go bt some fun then, take take law!

17. Just saw the new Speed Racer movie with my 5 and 8 year olds. They loved it. I liked it. It was highly stylized with a few ‘tips of the hat’ to the old cartoon. Good. Not Awesome, but it was quite a bit more than tolerable and it accomplished the mission. John Goodman was [no kidding] very good, and Susan Sarandon fit the bill. All around, surprisingly strong performances.

18. Gene says:

Scott? Watching Anime? Blasphemy!

19. Aroinak says:

Ah speed racer, too bad the movie’s live action. It can’t be good unless it’s anime. Just the completely-still people that only move their mouths to say things incredibly fast. “Haha! I jump over your car with my super car thus gaining me the lead putting you behind me so I am winning compared to you! Haha!”