Today’s Comic: “Social Fopa”

September 26, 2008
Today’s Comic:  “Social Fopa”

Messing about with some of my favorite ideas this last week, and this is one of them. Immortal souls amongst us and our inability to talk to them without embarrassing ourselves. Enjoy.

21 Responses to Today’s Comic: “Social Fopa”

1. Jason says:

When I first looked at this comic I thought, “Oooh, it’s David Carradine.”

2. BrianD says:

It’s Angus Scrimm from the Phantasm Movies!!

“BOY!!!!!”

3. jiteo says:

It’s “faux pas” – French for, literally, “false step.” Or was that an intentional misspelling for humourous effect?

4. NCBob says:

Scott misspell something NEVER !!!!!!

5. JT - SnT says:

I wondered how long the “you spelled it wrong!!!” comments would take to appear…

6. Bearbutt says:

Yeah, people say that to me all the time, and as an immortal, my only response has ever been “Speak for yourself.”

7. Trem says:

Ha! Awesome. From now on I’m gonna pronounce it “Fopa” and correct anyone who pronounces it “Faux pas”.

Not that I usually steal other peoples jokes or anything like that…*cough*

8. NSMike says:

Heh, just got done watching an episode of Highlander, had the Queen song in my head. Good timing, Scott.

9. Eric says:

When you get to be as old as I am, you’ll know that immortality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

At least, I know that someone my have to fill my job tomorrow thanks to a runaway double-decker bus so I take comfort in thinking I’ve done a good enough job to get the next person on the right track without me. It’s not job security, but it’s life.

Then again, I’m probably good to go as we’re staying away from town for the rest of the weekend. (Oxford MS. Was fun, but the real fun is about to start.)

10. NeuroMan42 says:

Sure it was, Scott. I am sending you a dictionary, and some cookies.

11. Think about it, you cant die at all…AT ALL!! Some may think it cool, but think about it, cursed to roam around forever, knowing that whatever happens; war, famine, nuclear explosions, ice ages, etc etc, you can not die!! Thats gotta suck.

Especially the “immortals cant reproduce unless the source chooses them” idea that highlander had. If you dunno what i mean watch Highlander: The Source….but dont expect a kickass movie cause it aint.

12. Bearbutt says:

Faux Paws are the part of a faux that make the little dog-like footprints in the snow.

13. TheChao says:

mispelling is a pho pah

14. Sal says:

Hah, I like this concept. Makes me think of Heroes – you should tie in some Heroes geekery with this theme, like putting ‘un-named’ characters in who resemble certain supposedly immortal characters in Heroes.

15. Scott Summerton says:

Weird timing what with Paul Newman having just passed too.

16. chris pin says:

cute cartoon. i’m thinking of making a similar cartoon on the net. i’m good at illustration but not color. hmm…

17. Were it a real image rather than an illustration, would it have been a ‘photo pas’?

This is why I cringe at the way public schools are currently teaching U.S. children phonetics. Language is only splendid when you use it correctly – otherwise, its just information.

I did get the joke, and knew what you were trying to say. You just reached the LCD, and that’s good.

18. Cecilia says:

BS low – ralnaiotity high! Really good answer!

19. Onur says:

This inoctdures a pleasingly rational point of view.