Today’s Comic: “Mushroom Kingdom in Recession”

October 29, 2008
Today’s Comic: “Mushroom Kingdom in Recession”

Even the world of Mario is not safe from the worldwide economic downturn. Hence the comic. And by the way, I think one of you enterprising fans should make it your goal to get this posted on Digg, or Yahoo Buzz or somewhere significant. You know, ripped from the headlines and all that jazz.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the first frame will be available in a 12 x 18 inch color print on the ExtraLife store sometime this week.

18 Responses to Today’s Comic: “Mushroom Kingdom in Recession”

1. NSMike says:

That’s what Mario gets for trusting in currency. Sonic will be fine with his solid gold rings, thank you very much.

2. Blackwood says:

At least, this one is great.

• Dee says:

I love all your stuff you should go one with this and stop with avgn you can do what you want the fans will unasretdnd it if you make a video saying your stopping

3. Jason says:

This comic is an instant classic. I guess no one is safe from tough economic times. I’m emailing it to a few people right now.

4. Telythugy says:

Great, the one place I thought I could go, The Mushroom Kingdom, in case all hell broke lose here in the states, and I guess that plan is not shot. :P
    Love the comic, totally on a roll of late with them Scott.

5. Jake says:

haha, brilliant. Now, I would love to buy a print of that first frame, nice and big :D

6. Robert says:

ok.. great comic.. but isnt there a factual mistake? after bumping into the box… shouldnt the question mark disappear? i know there was no coin or mushroom coming out of it, but i guess the notepaper is good enough… :) anyway LOVE it scotty!

7. Asterix says:

Very clever – I like it! Mario, say NO to fiat currency! :-)

8. Utahrogue says:

Well at least they did not give him a Gold wrapped Chocolate Coin….On second thought that would have been funny..Thanks for the great art work Scott

9. Rowan says:

Another one that jumps out as an instant classic, Good work.

10. Bearbutt says:

I sent it to CNN. Would be nice if they even looked at it, but wont hold my breath.

11. Yit says:

Heeee. That’s great.

12. Dane Bramage says:

posted on Reddit… already gotten three upvotes. check it and vote it up.

13. Dboy says:

I simply love the first frame. Mario looks ridiculous.

14. gildron says:

Wow- I really liked this one for some reason… I guess mario’s expression as be hits the block.

15. Eric says:

Just remember, no matter who wins the election, this is going to happen. It’s just that one of them is going to make it happen worse with his “feel-good” politics and will make sure that nobody can undo it via Congress. I mean voters only get in the way, after all.

Just like when Congress felt it didn’t have to follow harassment and EOE laws because they just “couldn’t get quality help” that way and following the laws they wrote was just “too restrictive” for lawmaking until Gingrich made them all follow their own damned laws. (And most of the very same ones who fought Gingrich the issue claimed to be proponents of equality. Now that’s just f’ed up. On second thought, the fact people don’t remember and still hold those representatives in high regard is just f’ed up.)

16. Kritstov says:

Am I the only one that thinks the Scout should have been in the first panel?

17. P.i.R.h.o. says:

Heh, I lol’d at the first panel. Seeing Mario like that makes me wonder why anyone would jump to hit a floating block with his head… To quote Jeff Dunham’s Walter: “Dumbass!”

Hilarious!