Today’s Comic: “Hell still not frozen”

December 12, 2008
Today’s Comic:  “Hell still not frozen”

picture-3

I guess things are on the up lately actually. iTunes is rumored to go totally DRM free in the next week or two, and some game publishers are at least re-thinking how they protect their products from piracy so that honest consumers don’t keep getting ganked in the process. So, yeah, just thought I would have a poke at it.

experiencepoints-2008-12-12___selected

Oh, and while I’m at it, a new Experience Points is up today as well. You can get that here.

EDIT: People have been asking if I will be drawing live over uStream again anytime soon. The answer is yes, and soon…perhaps even tomorrow. Stay tuned to the blog for updates!

13 Responses to Today’s Comic: “Hell still not frozen”

1. Bearbutt says:

Yeah, DRM-free = I buy it.
    DRM = no sale, Bub.

2. Bonnyface says:

I’ll agree that DRM seems to only hurt the honest folks. Anytime it wants to go away is just fine with me. The sooner the better.

3. paulbd says:

I hope it does go through. There is a couple of things on iTunes that I have had my eye on and DRM is what’s keeping me from grabbing them.

4. Icesnake says:

It’s “brass tacks,” Scott. But I understand you’re a product of the American public school system, so your inability to correlate the written word with the verbal goulash you’ve been exposed to all your life is perfectly understandable. ;-)

EDIT BY SCOTT: Don’t be a dick. :) I’ll fix it tonight.

5. mercator says:

@Icesnake

In case you want to take a poke at me… -_-

Yes, I know what Godwin’s Law is, and no, it does not apply here. :P

@Scott

You go Scott! It’s your site. You can dictate what the new catchphrases are, such as “Don’t be an Icesnake.”

• Jhenyfer says:

My girlfriend’s mohter sewed this little picture which she framed and gave to us, with a papa penguin, a mama penguin, and a baby penguin. I’m thinking she might be making a subtle request

6. JoyfulAnn says:

I’ve never heard that expression, “brass tacks” (or “brass tax” for that matter). I was wondering what it meant til Icesnake so kindly provided that wordorigin link. But i second that he pointed that out in a rather insulting and grammer nazi type way.

7. Eric says:

Everyone kill Icesnake! :P
    Okay. Now that we’ve all stood up for Scott who’s taller than most of us anyway and doesn’t need no nobody no how to stand up for him no way (not that a little rallying doesn’t do no harm either), DRM will not go away until they get something akin to the VHS copy-protection in regards to digital media — mildly annoying enough to keep people from bothering to copying commercial stuff for free use but not restricting them to specific devices.

I’ve tried to think how they might do that, but it’s either all or nothing. Digital just isn’t analog. It either is or isn’t. 1 or 0. It’s absolute. There’s no grey area.

8. Lavagod says:

I just want to be able to stream stuff to my PS3 from iTunes or Unboxed

9. Fady says:

Wait… Did you give him three fingers on purpose? D: How does he play videogames?

10. Scott says:

I never do anything but three fingers and a thumb…you must be new. :)

11. Eric says:

Worse! He gave Santa flippers instead of hands! :P (Yes. I know those are mittens. I’ve always felt that Santa was more of a gloves person.)

Can we get a collection book of EL strips where something/someone has died and call it “100 Worst Ways to Die”? :)

• Erica says:

It was itierestnng. Unfortunately, the , was so much more itierestnng that I am unable to discuss the original article.(Well, okay, that’s not true. I do remember Poole’s refutation of the silly old information wants to be free rhetoric.)