Today’s Comic: “ExtraLife Repeat”

July 30, 2008
Today’s Comic: “ExtraLife Repeat”

My day was pretty hairy yesterday so I decided to do the lazy and cheap thing and show an old strip that cracked me up. Which brings up an interesting point. I hear this from other cartoonists as well, but I sometimes HATE my work the day I do it…I just can’t wait to get a comic behind me and never look at it again. But, usually after about a year or so, I will see an old one and laugh almost as if I don’t remember actually making it myself. Putting that buffer there really makes a difference, and since I am playing loads of WoW lately, this comic seemed sensible to dig up and be lazy with.

23 Responses to Today’s Comic: “ExtraLife Repeat”

1. Eric S says:

Nothing wrong with using an old comic.

2. DracX says:

As good as a new one, Scott.

Sometimes I which I could just do the same with some co-workers, so I could get them off my skin. Cheers, mate.

3. I’m surprised Mega 64 hasn’t done something like this, lol.

4. KeeliLuv says:

I laughed so hard… I do this allll the time with my little sisters at the grocery store.

5. KeeliLuv says:

Well… without the awesome hats.

6. Garfunkle says:

You know, I never ‘got’ that comic until today. Probably because I never played WoW until a few weeks ago…

Now I see the funny side to it. Hooray!

7. Ahh, I don’t remember reading this one before. It gets teh lolz. As always, awesome work Scott. (I just got done reading the comments on the blender one, and THEY ALL LIE (I didnt even think of PA)) Anyway, Go Scott go!

8. Telythugy says:

Funny, I thought for a second this was taken right from my work place where I am the guy wearing the hats

9. Albert says:

man i wish i could own of those quest hats…

10. Cantonkid says:

Maybe those hats could be something that Scott could create and sell on The Instance site. As long as they don’t actually say anything about WoW on them I think it would be ok, since I don’t think Blizzard actually owns the rights to yellow exclamation/question marks. (lots of other MMOs use them).

11. tmoflash says:

It was my first time seeing it and I laughed out loud. So, thanks for that.

12. Redsword says:

Scott,

Every creative endeavor has to have a break. TV shows go into hiatus, writers have sabbaticals, artists move into something new like their “blue periods” etc.

And of course cartoonists have…wait…you don’t have anything. You put a strip up three times a week no matter what.

Here’s you assignment. Pick 40 of your “Greatest Hits” and have them ready. Then whenever you are not feeling it or life happening instead of cartooning, pull out one of those greatest hits. Turn it into a “Feature” instead of a weakness.

All of your fans would love to see some of the old stuff we missed or just forgot and we know that your current cartoons will be that much better.

So, if you are struggling with a cartoon and Nick says, “Let’s play Wii.” Put up a “Greatest Hit” and relax. We will love seeing the classic and we will know that you will have even better ones in the future.

13. TPNDrew says:

Here, here, Redsword. Agreed.

14. Yit says:

I sometimes just yell “ZUG-ZUG” for no reason. It scares people. Don’t do it in an airport.

15. Joonas says:

Nothing wrong with using an old comic, especially this one, seeing as it makes me laugh everytime I see it.

16. Robert says:

I want a hat like that.

17. CJMack says:

Still funny…

18. CDRaff says:

Oldie but a very goodie.

19. Rex Hondo says:

Hee hee… Makes me want to dress as an NPC for Halloween this year. :P

• Noe says:

I so… I just got distracted by the fact that you are “super crpeey and totally capable of finding” ME!!! I’m scared… MOMMY!!! ='(Anyway, this happened to me… Except it wasn’t a cat. It was a hamster. And it wasn’t a forehead. It was an index finger. And I didn’t run around screaming. I hid my finger in my PJ’s shirt. Bottom line is never feed a part of a steak to a hmaster…. I just noticed the scar a couple of months ago… :o

20. mercator says:

So do you think he fulfilled the quest? I hear the ham sandwich farmers make it really tough to complete, always ninja’ing the sammiches…

21. Moobie says:

It’s the request for a ham sandwich that always bring me the extra funny. :-)

22. anim5 says:

At least in this case the “player” had to read the
    whole quest description. :P
    This is comic audio that relates to this strip
    indirectly. ( what do the WOW quest givers talk about
    behind your back? )
    “A Couple of Characters – Non Player”

And I want hats like that too. :)