“Retribution”

July 15, 2010
“Retribution”

You start talking smack, Bruce ain’t havin’ any.

Also, I am kinda done with hero books for a while. The capes and cowls are just not doing it for me lately. Lots of independent books are, however, so I continue down the path of the happy comic book reader.

20 Responses to “Retribution”

1. I have a similar point of view, but more with continuity driven books than strictly hero ones. I still collect Ultimate Spider-Man and the new SHIELD series, but am more than happy paying more attention to Hellboy, Fables and Invincible

2. Draig says:

Was never a great capes and cowls fan, more into Judge Dredd, although Batman held some interest. If you are truly sick of the capes have a look at “The Boys” series by Garth Ennis (WARNING:- VERY adult humour) where the capes get a damn good kicking :D

3. The_Julian says:

Wow, Scott, even your much favored Indy super hero “Invincible”? Cuz that series is starting to really ramp up the awesome. And invincible Iron Man is still awesome.

But yeah I can’t deny how great stuff like the walking dead has become in recent years.

But

4. Paintguy says:

You nailed his brain short circuit hand gesture.

5. bezgo says:

Good on ya, Scott.
    I too made the move- rather than following a specific book/hero, I just follow writers.

6. Makinus says:

Care to share with us the indis that you find interesting? I´m looking for something good to read and DC and Marvel are not delivering any…..

7. Capric0rn says:

The last panel with just “Hehe…” in it made me LOL :P

• PickyPicky says:

Don’t you mean “hee hee” instead? “He” only refers to a male person, “hee” refers to laughter.

• Sindy says:

At the moment I am busy deaicrtong the room for my new baby girl (expected in November!). The basics are black & white and this blanket would be so so SO perfect for her crib! I totally love the print (and the hanging cradle is to die for as well!!!).

8. Silver says:

Hey scott, if you are into comics, if you havent allready… go and get the Serenity comics (based on Firefly, joss wheedon you know)

Really intereting and good imo :D

9. Haha. WHAM! Straight in the back of the head. I’ll bet that was the Christian Bale version of a super hero. Meh, I haven’t read superhero comics in my life. Always been more of a motion media sort of geek.

10. mercator says:

Old school batman would have a neon SLORCH! or BLAMMO!

Holy payback batman!

11. WizarDru says:

I’ve scaled back a great deal, lately…but there are some great mainstream hero books out there. You just have to filter them from the dreck.

12. prion says:

the comic book he’s reading kinda looks like Super Ninja Santa

13. Fed says:

Happy birthday scott !

14. Gedrus says:

I have felt the same way for a year or two now. Batman is definitely an outlier in the DC universe, but even then, I crave less hero. Fables is a great series. Also if you have not read it, Stuff of Legend had some amazing* art and a story that grabbed you. I also agree with Silver above. The Serenity comics are a fun read too. Oh and the Dark Tower series, but surely Scott has read those :P

15. soul says:

LOL…..funny……..btw it is ‘indie’ not ‘indy’…….hehe….

16. Darrell says:

It’s my favorite comic book sound effect! “SHUNK!” :D

17. Shaymus22 says:

There’s nothing quite like a batarang to prove your point. :)