Mysterious

March 5, 2013
Mysterious

Honestly, it is the new way of things. Starcraft, Diablo, of course MMO’s, and lots of other games have already gone down the path of on-all-the-time as one way of fighting piracy. We may as well get used to it. But queues? Dude.

17 Responses to Mysterious

1. Espi says:

LOL baffling torso hole….now THATS how you win biggest loser.

2. Darrell says:

Thought I’d done a better job of hiding my eyes.

3. Luke Sitewalker says:

AWESOME! Love the comics u do dude.

4. Rodrigo says:

I only have time to play while commuting, that’s what made me decide NOT to buy Sim city. The “fun” thing is that pirate versions (I bet) will be able playable offline. So I may buy the game when the pirate “patch” goes out and fix that mistake.

5. ScytheNoire says:

It’s pretty ridiculous. These always on crap is lame. If your internet cuts out, bam, you get booted and it doesn’t save. WTF EA?!

6. Interesting to focus on the third leg where it conects to the pelvis… :P

7. Ed says:

Presumably they added queuing as a feature for the Brits.

8. John says:

As a Brit, I highly resent being associated as British.

9. Nightwish says:

” We may as well get used to it. ”

No. There’s way to much stuff to play, plus all the older games I missed, to accept to this crap.

10. David says:

A wonderful marriage of art and nerdrage.

11. Fluffy says:

Comments like “we might as well get used to it” is more fuel for the EA fire… There’s no reason we should, we are consumers, we vote for with our wallets, and you voted… poorly.

12. René Christiansen says:

I actually don’t mind that you have to be online. I can see that for some people it can be a problem, people on the run and so on. But I think that mobile internet is only getting better and in a near future we’ll have no problem being online all the time. queues however, that has to go.. and hopefully with time we’ll see launches without them as the companies gets better. We are in a transsionperiode I think and it will get better.

• Jack says:

I agree with ya mate.

I have no issues with it being online only, if the servers are bugged and stuff… eh it happens. TONS of other games to play while waiting!

A Transitional Period is a great way to look at it, never thought of that before.

• Frank says:

When I first heard about this topic, I was pleasantly susrriped to see how many prominent public figures spoke up in opposition. For this generation, the internet is almost a necessity probably too much of a necessity, but that is just how it is. It would be vey interesting to see what would have happened if SOPA would have passed.

13. Blair Stewart says:

My problem with this type of product, is that I love to install old games years and years after they came out and play them. Heck I installed the orignal X-Com on Dos Box the other day and played a game.

What kind of future do these games have once the servers are shut down. You are no longer buying a game, you are buying the right to play the game. This may be their way to fight piracy, but it sure does wreck it for the rest of us.

• Roborat says:

And of course, this does very little to curb piracy. What it does do is cause extreme inconvenience to the paying customers, and I suspect hurts sales far more than the piracy, which they are not affecting in any event, does.

14. 1biznes.eu says:

ki.

– Ubierz się… W gruncie rzeczy Ważki anty-VEGF.
    niewątpliwie. – powtórzyłFrodo. – usługi księgowe, 1biznes.eu, Twardo, że się ubiorę, w tej chwili wczas.

Natomiast

ów, owo Kirpiczew…

Wagner nie zdziwił się. – Ubierz się, ubierz się.

– mamrotał Frodo, – Natomiast ty – Jego

wystraszony spojrzeni spoczął na Mariszce.

– Wstydu nie trzymas?! – wrzasnął oraz aż się skrzywił, otóż
    to łupnęło mu w skroniach.

Tymczasem chwycił zakrwawiony, popruty serią z HK śpiwór i dodatkowo narzuc.