Literal

November 1, 2010
Literal

Once in a while, I get in the mood for such things. Silly? Sure. I have sketchbooks filled with this sort of thing from when I was a kid. You should see Scotch Tape. :)

People are asking for prints. So there you go! 9.99 12×18 inch color, and signed.

50 Responses to Literal

1. Rick says:

Okay… now I kinda wanna see Scotch Tape!

• FlownOver says:

[slightly NSFW] – When I was in college I worked at a video store in the early 90′s. We rented “Scotch Head Cleaners” (the videotape that would scrub the heads inside your VCR). Talk about taking things literally – somebody rented this and returned it when they were disappointed that it was not “adult material”.

2. KAP says:

In a word: rad.

3. What have I done to deserve such pun-ishment?

4. SirRandomComment says:

Best. comic. ever

5. just made me go look up what adobe actually meant. i got edumacated.

6. Jaramide says:

Wow. Definitely in the top 10 of my favorite Extra Life comics.
    Maybe do more of these and make a new poster with them…please?

7. Ayami says:

Okay, the Adobe Flash one is pure win.
    Others are awesome to.

• Adhe says:

; my father was stucrk by a spiritual force and blood was running down all over his body, also, she said again that, it maybe that my father had slept with somebody’s wife and was eventually attacked by the woman’s husband. Only God knows what has happened to him.My father refused to call me and the wife also refused to call me instead they both have to call Nigeria to relay what has happen to him. This is strange and a revelation of things to happen, as I live in the UK with my father till present but he has refused to call me to tell me what happened to him. On the 10th August 2012, I was watching the live service of Prayer Rain. As the testimony section was on, I felt my stomach cramping me and decided to ignore and continue to listen to the testimonies, but, I could not ignore it this time so, I have to use the toilet as I felt something was not right that something was about to take place. Thank God has taken away every evil poison, spell and curses from body.I thank God for everything.

8. Collin says:

How long before windows explorer is arrested?

9. Bearman says:

Glad to see you didn’t go the other “flash” route.

10. sprycorpse says:

Very nice, Scott. :-)

11. Lauren says:

Love it! And yeah, the Adobe Flash one is especially inspired :)

• That’s why I ended with that one. :)

• John Lewin says:

My browser hung, and all I could see was the words ‘adobe flash’. I was certain there would be a guy opening his coat exposing himself through the door of an adobe. Upon reloading I discovered that your mind is apparently not in the gutter. Must be clean and nice in there :-).

• Anacaidy says:

I want to thank God for His Mercies over my life and academic.I want to thank God for mainkg me pass my CNA exam. I want to thank God for his support towards my education and career. I want to thank God for providing me with a good job and buying us a new car. I want to thank God for seeing my husband through in his education. I want to thank God for all He has been doing in my life and family.

12. Xcomer says:

omg please do like a whole panel of this, like Opera is an easy one, Java just too easy, and GUI like slimy instead of (graphical user interface) so only the programmer nerds get it, the list goes on

13. Orror says:

super funny

14. rrrray says:

You can’t say scotch tape and not deliver!

15. corhen says:

i had a different view of Adobe Flash… something about a nude statue….

16. I want to see Scotch Tape now!

17. Caroline says:

Awesome! I would sure like the Firefox one as a desktop thing :)

And yeah, had to look up adobe as well, and thought of Flash in different ways as previous commentators…commentors…. comment-givers.

18. Lyric says:

Omg it’s Hemet Nesingwary! So that’s what he’s up to these days! Awesome comic :)

19. Brevity says:

haha. Love it.
    Flash needs a giant crack in it where it constantly falls apart.

20. Ciaran Rooney says:

Brilliant Scott :D

21. rami says:

Awesome!!, My favorite non literal is when you mix gentlemen and club!

22. Kevin says:

I love the adobe Flash. Reminds me of the Adobe car, which was an SNL parody on the Yugo.

23. VBStrider says:

This was a very funny comic :)

24. I freakin love this! genius I say!

25. Fisher Rainforest Jumperoo is an excellent, superior quality gadget. We were it all for our youngster from concerning 4 months. They’re virtually have a look at weeks today as well as merely Adores the item. I really do way too. It’s always amazing & eye catching smart grays and vegetation mainly.

26. FrightHat says:

This is like your very own Farside – need more of that :)

27. reverman says:

I think you could turn the windows explorer dude into his own farside esque single panel comic. little funny scenes and in the background is a window with that dude looking in.

28. reverman says:

I think you could turn the windows explorer dude into his own farside om-age single panel comic. little funny scenes and in the background is a window with that dude looking in.

29. FrightHat says:

I feel bad for the fox though :-/

30. Pottsie says:

LOVE IT! Firefox had me giggling in my office.

31. Gary says:

Awesome! I definitely would like to see more of these :D

32. Derrick says:

At first I thought the fox was on fire because of something that had to do with the flash panel, being that my recent firefox update recommended I install the newest flash, and somewhere along the line my firefox has slowed to a crawl when loading certain pages.

So I read the middle panel as “internet explorer” and thought maybe flash was doing something to ie as well, with the triumphant pose in the final panel.

Still, a cool strip, after reading it the right way.

33. Brian says:

Difficulty Level – Google Chrome

: P

34. ThisCantBeForCereal says:

WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!

35. BrunoG says:

That was awesome, do some more please

• Carolina says:

HA! Oh come on this stuff can\’t be THAT old! Er, can it??? I remember a coulpe of these performed live. Thanks for posting gives me visions of riding in the old Toyota at Wheaton with Sami, blasting Autumn War and singing along. Funny that I STILL remember all the lyrics. lol

36. Apple Safari? Great one, love the art.