Happy New Year…seriously!

December 31, 2009
Happy New Year…seriously!

I am super stoked for the new year. 2009 was an amazing year for me, and ’10 looks like it might just kill me…but in a good way. :) You guys are so much of what makes all this stuff I do worth it, and I am eternally grateful for each and every one of you. Can’t think of a nicer group of people to head into a new year with.

This particular comic was a bit of a labor of love for me. I love stuff like this. Hope you enjoy it. To me it represents an idea that we can “build” something incredible in 2010. Amen to that.

19 Responses to Happy New Year…seriously!

1. Mikey says:

I wonder if there’s some magic in that old silk hat.

2. Mary Varn says:

My first reaction to this, before realizing that they’re making a huge snowman, was to think of the little construction guys in Fraggle Rock. Doozers, I believe they’re called. Great comic Scott, and Happy New Year to you too!

3. Jeremiah says:

Looking forward to Nerdtacular ’10 :)

4. Well, I have a new holiday for 31 Dec/ 1 Jan, that is for new year: ”Hedonist for a day or so”. That is, I will be a hedonist for this day or so!

5. Big things afoot in the snow! I’ve been enjoying this comic for some time, and it’s great to have humor for those of us who remember when Space Invaders arrived in the bowling alleys and started to push out pinball machines and old Cinematronics games like Tailgunner and Space War. I also remember the days when a quarter gave two credits. Sea Wolf anyone?

Hey Scott, you’re the kind of friend I wished I had around fourteen or so… and not just because you had arcade games.

Keep up the good work, and happy new year to all here!

(Don’t you just love it when the year matches something popular in science fiction?)

6. dethmunky says:

No joke, I saw on the Today show this morning some people building gigantic snowmen. One in Kansas that was sixteen feet tall, and another that was over twenty feet tall. Isn’t it ironic? Maybe we’ll get snow down here in Florida this weekend. It’s supposed to be in the forties on the coast and thirties inland.

7. bezgo says:

Happy New Year Scott!

8. This is one of your best to date. Very cool. Happy New Years, Scotty Boy!

9. IrishViking says:

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all you do Scott. I really appreciate it and I’m looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings.

10. He dares says:

Love it
    Happy New year to you and all you family

11. torticoli says:

That’s a cute one : )
    Happy new year to you and your family, Scott, you’re an awesome person and I’m glad I started listening to (and reading) you all those… months… ago. We love ELR, we love The Instance, we love your comics, we love all your other stuff and we love you as a person.
    And as we say here : “Bonnes fêtes de fin d’année et bonne année 2010 !”

12. JaFO says:

Gelukkig nieuwjaar ! :)
    Happy New Year !

Let’s make this a clean, healthy and friendly one :)

13. evojet says:

Great comic Scott,

I love ones like that.

Cheers :)

14. Masterwabbit says:

Happy Twenty-Ten to you too, Scott!

15. victoria says:

Happy new year all – looking forward to another great year of ELR

16. prion says:

So now we know Scott doesn’t write the checks ;)
    If he did he wouldn’t like new years so much

• Saidulu says:

I will select to ucvenor without out how prolonged it took that you choose to barely barely barely plan, investigation and compose this disparate information. I absolutely concur on innumerable points.