Comic: “Dry Hard”

August 14, 2009
Comic:  “Dry Hard”

I had a bunch of fun with this one. Just got to thinking about what Hasbro might do next since they jumped headlong into the movie biz the way they have. It reminds me a bit of how things went with DC or Marvel when they first started getting serious about putting their IP’s out in the movie world. While many might argue that there is not much in the way of substance to the Hasbro backed projects, they are making bank. So why not Play-Doh? ;) Plus it’s just fun to say “Dry Hard”.

17 Responses to Comic: “Dry Hard”

1. Rob O. says:

Definitely gotta get Bruce Willis on-board for this!

2. JT - SnT says:

The inevitable sequel: Dry Hard 2: Dry Harder

And part 3 of the trilogy: Dry Hard with a Oh God, Don’t Eat That, Spit it Out, Spit it Out!!!

• Vanny says:

I am all for success. I wonludt be able to live with myself if I had to call romneys bs business career my success story. As in lying cheating stealing pension funds, oh come now do you really see success?I think he is quite actually a dispicable and insolent person to even call what he’s accomplished .. success.your heroes are are ghosts.If you see a shallow person in me maybe you should reevaluate your assessment of romney and what he calls success.I just cant fathom the actions of bain capital as being anything but shallow. How simplistic to dive into a business after everything has already been accomplished, the business built, a trusted workforce, a happy community, bank accounts filled with profit by someone elses sweat and blood and agony. To say to myself these people need me to save them from the prosperity they’ve worked so hard for prolly theyre whole lives only to be left with pain agony despair and nothing to show for it.If you see success there you truly are a sicker puppy than I thought and should seek help. I hope this isnt a pre-existing condition.

3. Darker, edgier, info cookies working again… nice job on the new message board so far!

“It was horrible! Red, yellow, and blue snakes were coming out of his head, but they weren’t snakes. They were… flour and salt… and they were… alive!”

“Be brave and take these enchanted plastic scissors–it’s the only way to defeat it!”

Is Michael Bay paying attention?

4. Oooooh… and I don’t have to alt-160 for…

white space anymore! :-Þ

5. Zorbane says:

If they have lego why not this.

6. PhatJacob says:

In all honesty, a Magic: The Gathering movie could happen given enough time. Doesn’t have quite the nostalgia-factor of Joe or Transformers – but done right it could be pretty cool :)

• Aroinak says:

It does have a story behind it; a pretty solid story as far as the older sets go. The new ones are split up into half-a-billion planes, but they still tie together. I say it’s not far off.

7. You had me at Dry Hard, Scott. Good one!

8. Morgan says:

I *know* I read somewhere (probably AICN.com) that a major studio had purchased the rights to the ViewMaster movie. I can only assume it’d be a Jumanji-type thing, where the person looking at the disc gets sucked into the picture.

9. jabbawonga says:

May not be a hasbro title but im claiming either thundercats or he-an

lolz :D

10. snw says:

HAHA, so funny!

11. Brian Duff says:

A bunch of movies could be made right if they were given serious thought to it. He-Man is said to still be in the works… Conan is out next year…
    Dry Hard 4: Dry Hard with a Vengeance
    Dry Hard 5: Knead Free or Dry Hard
    Dry Hard 6: Global Meltdown (Scorcher 6 ripoff)

12. Rutty says:

the problem with this….some big movie exec might see this and go “hmmm that’s not a bad idea” and then all of a sudden “Hasbro Announces Play Doh Movie Michael Bay to direct” lol