Comic: “Realization”

January 22, 2010
Comic: “Realization”

Today’s comic is a bit of a guest spot featuring Vince and Steve from Experience Points, a comic, as you may know, that was recently “laid off” over at Crispy Gamer. Technically all the comics over there were laid off.

This was a comic that was completed, but never ran on CG, because of the changes mentioned above. Had to run it somewhere, so I ran it here. Ironically, it’s one of my favorites in the lifespan of the comic.

And until I figure out what I want to do with XP, there was no reason to waste this particular strip. Enjoy.

Oh, and by the way, that phobia is actually real. Look it up, nerds!

29 Responses to Comic: “Realization”

1. Hannibal says:

hahahaha best comic in awhile, great work scott! :D

2. Trumppoll says:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

3. Geir Olav says:

A quick google told me that Gary Larson was the inventor of this phobia ? http://www.stitthappens.com/images/random/anatidaephobia.PNG

“Anatidaephobia – fear of being watched by a duck. Comes from Gary Larson’s The Far Side.[4]”

4. EvilSheep says:

sadly, thanks to my sister, i have that fear :(

5. sjefen6 says:

Get xpcomic.com or xp-comic.com and get it back running as quick as you can install comicpress in wordpress.

6. Bomber X says:

Hahahahaha.

<..>

7. digisam says:

yes, don’t let them die

8. Oxuma says:

Great comic!!

Vince lives!

9. Juan David says:

I love experience points, please don’t let it die.

10. Moobie says:

Steve and Vince live! :-D

11. JAR says:

I unfortunately haven’t been able to read XP at work for months because they’ve been filtering anything and everything. Since it’s under the catagory games, I can’t get to the site, so you should host all of them here! Then my life will be complete.

12. Glader says:

Why not post them on extralife?? that way we extralife fans will have updates every day just like in the old days…..

13. Great comic!

It was in fact Gary Larson who coined this word. Look here:

14. Liz says:

Aflac insurance could do that to you.

15. BryanDavidWilliams says:

Thank you Scott Johnson for saving me from another boring desk strapped day at work!

16. Gedrus says:

Just a great comic!

17. My lawyers will be contacting you shortly.

18. LOL! I read that somewhere before last year, and I wouldn’t believe it if it weren’t for the fact the USA alone has over three hundred million people in it. Someone somewhere has to have an irrational duck fear.

As for me, I cooked one of those birds last Christmas dinner… after it kept staring at me every time I opened the freezer for a month or so.

19. remolay says:

you know, I bet you no one was ever scared of being watched by a duck untill that Far Side was published.

tis my favorite of them too

20. Mysticstar says:

Oh please, please, please run Experience Points on here with the Extra Life comics. It was great to see it come up on the iPhone app today. I know you are super busy with everything you have going, but please don’t let XP go!

21. Tim says:

Made me laugh. I wonder if there is a phobia for a duck thinking that a human is watching it…hmmm.

22. Darrell says:

I like how the one before this (the last one on Crispy) has some strange goofs in it.

23. Eucep says:

Hmm, I saw an image a while ago of a medical site explaining this fobia, but, smart add placement put some add of a product with a duck staring at you on that page.

24. Mad_gerbil says:

Please, please, please don’t do away with XP! Fear Steve!

25. Batpeople623 says:

Keep Experience points going! Vince and Steve are two great characters that just cant be put away!

26. nash says:

Funny comic :-)
    I enjoy Experience Points quite a lot, and would very much like to see it continue!!

27. Chuck says:

I say just add Experience Points Comic to Extra Life for the time being. Update it once or twice a week, in addition to your normal EL comics. Give yourself some time to send out feelers to other sites that may want to pay you to host it. If none arive, then you could always make a new site, or just integrate Experience Points and Extra Life together.

28. prion says:

yeah Scott run it here until someone else picks it up, by continuing to do it you show potential hosts/sponsors that you will still be reliable.

Or for like a month or so and if no one grabs it have a picture of Vince and Steve flipping a giant double bird at the internets

29. Spazdoski says:

Scott, Please keep experience points going. I think posting her on a tmeporary basis is a great idea. It continues to get xposure, keeps it fresh and keeps us fans happy! I don’t know what i’d do without Steve and vince!