Comic: “Perils of Progress”

January 5, 2010
Comic: “Perils of Progress”

Thinking a bit about all the cool stuff we might see out of CES this year, and this comic came to mind. Seriously, how thin can we really go? Enjoy!

17 Responses to Comic: “Perils of Progress”

1. Eightbeforefour says:

I hear tell that we’ll be seeing 3D tv’s that DON’T require glasses to see the imaging. That will be awesome, and expensive! Google’s also apparently announcing their android phone in about a half hour. Oh, what a week to be a tech geek! Christmas all over again!!

• Biff says:

Well, there have been 3D TV’s without glasses in past shows, but from what I understand, the image appears pretty blurry.

No doubt they’ll have improved models this year, though.

• corhen says:

you can get moniters that dont require glasses, but you have to stay directly infront of em

2. Darrell says:

I was thinking about this the other day – only it was a stack of paper-thin iPhones that was carried away by the wind.

3. Darrell says:

4. Steve McQueen says:

Am I the only one who thinks the window looks like a robot?

5. Tovias says:

Technology such as this could revitalize the nearly dead paperweight industry.

6. Aenar says:

Best comic I’ve seen in a long while :D

7. Eric says:

So… do you lick the back of it to stick it on the wall like a stamp or what?

8. I think the real achievement will be if it can be wadded, and still function after a trip through the washing machine.

9. adrolak says:

lol love the comics man, they’re great, btw yes your the only one who thinks it looks like a robot steve mcqueen. Also am I the only one who noticed that damnit is spelled dammit?

• Maybe it’s regional or something? It’s always been “dammit” to me, so when I see “damnit,” It looks correct spelling-wise, but the speech processing part of my mind wants it to sound like: “damn nit!”

10. AJ says:

I apologize for this not having anything to do with this comic…but what happened to Shmerp? The site says “What are you doing here, this site moved” but I dont see a link to a new site

11. Astigma says:

Lol…yep if its not bigger its smaller or thinner.

12. Anecades says:

Great cartoon. I just got back from CES. LG had a 60″ 1080p HD TV that was 6.8mm deep. Less than one cm. Crazy.