Comic: “In Bloom”

May 18, 2009
Comic:  “In Bloom”

picture-33

Enjoy.

30 Responses to Comic: “In Bloom”

1. HECTORtheTURTLE says:

This is brilliant.

2. LaVaGoD says:

If anything bothered me in the movie it was the lens flares but I got used to it after the first hundred or so :)

3. idogis1 says:

I believe I’m the only person who didn’t care about the lens flares.

4. I love it. I totally agree. One other thing. It had some Armageddon type moments when a character re-explains the goals of an upcoming action sequence:

Armageddon : “ok remember guys, you have to drill down 400 feet and do it within the next 12 minutes or asteroid wont clear earth, Good Luck”

Star Trek : “ok guys, you’ll need to space dive down and pull your ‘chutes at the last minute and remember, you’ll need to deactivate the drill before being able to beam back up, good luck”

::lense Flare::

5. NeuroMan42 says:

Ahhahahhahahhahh!!!

*lens flares*

6. Doug says:

It’s funny that you mention this, because while watching Star Trek this past weekend I leaned over to my life and said “LENS FLARE TO WIN!” She started rolling. Wait ’til I show her this…

• Sanya says:

You look so magical !! And I tolltay have to go against ‘ Anonymous ‘, because I think it’s great to see every ‘corner’ of your outfits and since they are so fantastic I love the overdose of it ^^

7. Doug says:

I said life, and meant wife. =D

8. Gawl says:

From my group of friends, I was the only one that was bothered by the lens flare. Meh, to each their own.

9. Scott says:

@doug: I sort of prefer the idea that you leaned over and said something to your life. That is a cool image. :)

10. Brian Duff says:

lol.. J.J. Abrams with his lens flare obsession… Something very obvious when you watch Fringe….

11. Shaun/Saenin says:

Am I the only person that actually didn’t notice the lens flares at all? I remember one or two but I don’t remember there being a massive amount of them…Oh well!

12. Kukawaki says:

Lens flares were fine; what I want to know is why the crap did the camera have to keep bobbing all the time?

13. PrincessIncognita says:

soooo true.

14. PrincessIncognita says:

*lens flare*

15. Shaymus22 says:

Bloom is addictive, believe me. It’s sooo tempting to overuse it.

16. andrew says:

Dude this is spot on, the only thing in the movie that buged me was the lense flare.

17. Iserguy says:

wow, i didnt event notice any lens flares? am i really that unobservant? was it really that bad? meh, these types of things dont tend to bother me anyway, even when i do notice them…

18. The filmakers said that the bridge set looked ‘flat’ without the accent lights around the edge. Yeah, I agree. But what about the laser UPC price scanners everywhere? What were they supposed to be for?

19. Stralian says:

Love it.

20. Jehuty says:

The new enterprise is pretty green, it runs on booze.

21. Ward says:

Who really cares about the lens flares? They added to the scale, and heck its just an effect. They only had an impact on the experience to those who were looking for something to criticize. As for Roger Cline’s comment. It’s called a mission briefing. You do it before a mission so you know what to do during the mission. Pretty basic procedure for any military force.

22. Sam Sam the Fireman says:

yeah. they also did it in starwars.

23. VBStrider says:

Funny comic, but I honestly don’t remember any lens flares.

24. @ward Not complaining about a mission briefing, as you may remember, they are ‘briefed’ aboard the enterprise. My beef is that they dumb it down for the audience and re-brief us right before the action sequence.

BTW who else thinks that this reboot was about 10x better than any of the star wars prequels?

• Jonna says:

A little off topic but I have a finred whose daughter Type 1 Diabetes (the autoimmune disorder) was triggered by antibiotics at age 4. Within 24 hours of starting that course of antibiotics, her daughter became abnormally thirsty and started to urinate a lot so she called the doctor to see if this was a normal reaction, the doctor had her come right in to test for diabetes and yes she had developed it. I haven\’t looked into but apparently the doctor had heard of antibiotics triggering diabetes before. Interesting, altho her daughter had no autism symptoms before or since (age 9 now) but was like my son in that she was constantly sick with colds, flu, ear infections. Now has also been dx with Celiacs too which is often linked to Type 1. But I always had this feeling that they had similar immune issues as young children.

25. the soc says:

Haha Nirvana joke as the comic title -A-

26. Axel says:

That’s amazing, Scott. Made my day!

27. Sithinious says:

@Kukawaki:

One word- Cloverfield… in spaaaaaaace!
    Ok, so I broke my own rule.