Comic: “Hire a new voice already…”

April 19, 2010
Comic:  “Hire a new voice already…”

Kind of a fan of the Splinter Cell games, but Ironsides voice no longer matches this character. It sounds like a drunk rhino trying to find a toilet through the whole thing. Get someone new, Ubisoft!

Ahem.

Enjoy!

21 Responses to Comic: “Hire a new voice already…”

1. Domo says:

I have to say that in my opinion its the designers who should be changed – Michael Ironside has always been the Splinter Cell voice, and it wouldn’t be the same without him. It just happens that the designers for this game decided to change the way he looked too much, and made him about 10 years younger than he should be (although not quite getting to Old Snake territory).

2. NeuroMan42 says:

I love the Splinter series… but in my mind Sam Fisher is Ironside. Even with the novels I hear his voice. LOL… I agree that the designers should have been changed.

3. Cheesecake Jones says:

I saw Michael Ironside in a movie not too long ago and he didn’t seem ridiculously obese to me. I can’t speak to his sobriety, though.

4. RaXha says:

I don’t agree that they should change the actor, that would take me out of the game completely, kind of like changing the actor playing the main character in a movie when the sequel is released, just doesn’t work for me. I do agree that he looks a bit to young in the new game though.

• Fernanda says:

Best of luck! I’ve had 2 colonoscopies and they’re not that bad rlleay. The prep for them, on the other hand, well, good luck!Oh. Yesterday was my birthday and Jordin and I were going out for dinner. I put on a purple dress with a purple and green wrap and my purple and green shoes. So he gave me my purple and green necklace! Yay — For Love of Peter Pan is soooo gorgeous! It went perfectly with the outfit I had unknowingly picked out. I thought this might brighten your day!HugsMKK

5. Sabalon says:

So that’s what he’s up to. Been watching the new V and keep hoping for him to make a cameo. A very hard working actor.

6. Samthorian says:

Michael Ironside is Sam Fisher and much like NeuroMan when I read the novels I too hear Michael Ironside’s voice. I’d rather see a new Splinter Cell operative than a new voice actor for Sam Fisher.

7. Axel says:

I don’t know…no matter how old he sounds, Mr. ironside is what identifies Splinter Cell for me. I just wouldn’t be the same at all.

8. RealLifePudding says:

i love his voice. it always gives me a chill. i’m currently waiting for the pc version, and i font know if i should be thrilled to play this game. i’m a splinter cell player from the very first minute! and i love the games. but it’s very possible, that they changed tooo much in this new game…
    no hiding bodys, anna with red hair, only 7h campaign. i would really like to see the old splinter cell, where you have to carefully plan every attack. it seems to me, that this game is just about going in and killing stuff! no tactics.
    hope, that in the hard difficulty setting they removed the silouette for the player (so he cant see it) and that they removed the mark and execute. and i hope they will add in a later release the “feature” to hide bodys and i would really love if they would remove the “copy protection”.

9. HECTORtheTURTLE says:

I have to agree with the comments above – Ironside is Sam Fisher. I hear the voice in the novels, too.
    I’ve seen him look pretty rough before, but he looked okay in Terminator Salvation. Wardrobe definitely helped him there, though…

10. klutch67 says:

It just so happens that the first role ironside played was a drunk.

11. Rezlow says:

Wow, Scott, you could have went anywhere but there with this one… How could you even suggest that? No Mikey, no Fisher.

12. Julie says:

I’m just surprised you went this way with it Scott… Or, are we sure it’s Scrott? To me it sounded a lot like Yahtzee Croshaw. :-/

13. Julie says:

Just to clarify, I loooooove Yahtzee Croshaw, but I’ve never seen Scott be this… mean. We still <3 you tho Scott.

14. TomA says:

fuck that Ironside is awesome and hes Canadian so there

15. Rhett says:

Wow I don’t think anyone agreed.

16. Davad says:

Ditto. Ironside is classic bad ass.

17. Kyle Voltti says:

Scott you play a dangerous game dissing Ironside. …. you know what would be an awesome movie. Jack Nickelson, Micheal Ironside and Kurtwood Smith as ageing mob bosses kiking the hell out of a new generation of hipster douche wannabes…. hell throw Walken in there as well :D

• Brian Duff says:

You sir, win a billion internets for the awesomeness of that post. I’m surprised that someone hasn’t actually made a movie with all of them involved.

18. I have to agree with everyone here. Sam is Michael, Michael is Sam. The only reason I still keep my PS2 is to replay SC games and listen to the voice…