Comic: “Grandpa and Me: Part 4″

July 2, 2009
Comic: “Grandpa and Me:  Part 4″

Picture 4

For those wondering, yes, this is a series. A storyline if you will. Not a one off comic. To start at the beginning, click here.

23 Responses to Comic: “Grandpa and Me: Part 4″

1. Xcomer says:

So i have been reading these but I don’t quite get the jokes are where you are going with it.. I hope the punch line is at the end. Or rather it is making fun of the whole facts of games and the manner in which we play and obtain them. Either way i find it interesting and oddly intriguing. One thing is for sure the way games are headed is a sad place with the the stupid peripherals and lack of original ideas.

2. Masterwabbit says:

Dang it, Scott, you made me cry with this one.

And I only turned 21 last month!

Stop making me feel old!

3. Redsword says:

Wow! Emotion, storyline, characters and not a single “Fert”

Scott is growing up. Our little web cartoonist is turning into a storyteller and an entrepreneur.

Glad you are taking us fanboys along for the ride.

LOVE the stuff you are doing now. Keep up the story arcs, they make interesting reading.

4. Scott says:

Xcomer: Honestly, if I have to explain it, then you are not really tuned into it, and that’s totally cool, but it seems odd. I took a serious turn with this little story line, and some seem confused and I can’t figure out why.

Anyway…I hope you enjoy it anyway.

5. Gaumer says:

I never comment but you got me with this one Scott.

I was expecting a fart joke to be honest. This serious side of your work is great.

Thanks

6. Rob says:

Yeah, this one made me well up a little too. You know what I miss the most?, Getting a new PC game in a big cardboard box along with a really thick instruction manual…*sigh*…good times…

7. raingod says:

I really like this a lot, Scott. And it never seems to fail when you do something slightly different than what people expect, it throws them off.

That’s when you know you’re doing something right.

8. Cohaagen says:

“We used to buy games there on launch days… and we even had the right to sell the ones we didn’t like. We even could buy used games for a few bucks. It’s kind of hard to explain to someone who only knows digital downloads.” ;)

9. Hadgi says:

i bet in 70 years or so, thats what the future is gonna be like, all digital, straight into your eyeballs, games, and a whole ton of plastic doohickies in some desert somewhere

Awesome work Scott, can’t wait to see the end, but what i wanna see is how the kid holds a controller :D

10. Urya says:

Oh wow, this one had me thinking. Awesome stuff.

11. Beefclown says:

Very nice storyline so far, keep it up.

12. Vital FX says:

I’m really liking the seriousness of how this comic is turning out, awesome story so far Scott. Keep up the good work.

13. Just like everybody else here, I love this line. I’d love to see a long standing story line with this. It’s really awesome and charming. I’m only 19 and I feel like I can (of course, not to the extent that you do) connect with this characters sadness. Great job, Scott.

14. Bastian Krämer says:

this nearly made me cry :’(

i hope this is not how it will be like, when i’m 70+

15. Biff says:

People are getting confused because you’re introducing a continuous, serious storyline into something that’s otherwise a single-picture punchline.
    I’m not really diggin’ it.

16. Bear-net says:

Really moving work
    but some people are still coming here for a once of silly joke
    have you considered doing a separate comic for regular characters and continues story lines?

• Ifik says:

Anna – Firstly, congratulations on 5 years! Such a happy msioltene. And secondly, haha! Thanks for the quote! Too funny. Hope you’re having a great time on vacation.July 21, 2011 8:53 am

17. Antwane Fort says:

As a 29 year old, I would like to say that this comic series brought a tear to my eye. I was talking to my younger brother and I was kinda sad , that he never got a chance to be a part of the 80′s arcade scene or look foward to a “gamepro” mag. Please Scott , continue to do work like this. Also your last Diary of the Cartoonist was one of the best podcast I have ever heard, it had me talking of my life.

18. the old gunner says:

it’s nice to see some serious comics among the funny ones

19. ken Roberts says:

Im 28 and reading this storyline has made me feel like im in the coldwar. I like IT!! It may be sad but every generation has its new gadgets and whatnot, but the point is we cant stop the evolution of what is to be tomorrow.

Galadrizela
    aka
    Ken

20. 41 here, and unofficial Punch-Out!! record holder in 1986 (18,047,100 in 700 fights – quit for nature’s call after 14 hours.)

Nowadays, people can play a game forever saving/restarting at the last checkpoint, but the days of actually playing forever on one quarter is another story! Star Wars was the other one I conquered, as well as Mat Mania (as long as I didn’t 1: get bored 2: get creative and 3: screw up!)

I miss the arcades, and I imagine that concept would be more alien than Gamestop! Keep up the good work!

21. Woody.T says: