Comic: “The Big Foot Diaries”

February 16, 2010
Comic:  “The Big Foot Diaries”

Just an odd little off-shoot. For whatever it’s worth. And yes, I know there’s no joke. There isn’t supposed to be one.

47 Responses to Comic: “The Big Foot Diaries”

1. Ethan says:

D’awwww, It’s beautiful

• Plus des hypothe8ses que des qtonuiess pour l instant:Pour le syste8me Voltec 1.5 en pre9sumant un 2.0 vers 2015/16, je pencherais plutf4t pour le nouveau 2.0L de la Cadillac ATS mais sans le turbo Moteur A/B plus puissant aussi et capacite9 20Kh.w de batterie avec 13/15Kw.h utilisable?

2. bismarc says:

i actually found it kinda funny cause’ i thought it was parodying rorschach

3. Flingus says:

Brilliant.

4. QueyJoh says:

That’s actually kinda awesome; I’d love to see it developed further, except that I suspect it would end in tragedy.

5. Moobie says:

Bravo! It’s brilliant!

6. MangledMuppets says:

Love the comic, Scott! Reminds me a little of Frankenstein’s monster, but one that doesn’t hate his maker, and is much less cynical and vengeful, haha.

Also, a typo note. I think ‘forrest’ in the 4th panel should be ‘forest’.

7. Derik says:

I didn’t know Bigfoot was the Maxx

• Sonu says:

It’s not that surprising: dnuirg my (admittedly short) career in broking, many of the smaller firms (circa a35K premium spend) were excessively promiscuous, having a different broker and Insurer every 12 months!

8. Bud the Chud says:

I bet if you shaved him, he would look like Scott.

9. Salvitore says:

Loved it. I’d love to see a story arc too. Reminds me of all those underground super-hero types like Rorschach, or The Maxx. Very film noir. ;-)

10. PACrivellaro says:

Immediately made me think of the Abominable Charles Christopher.

11. ErethAkbe says:

cofcofThe-Abominable-Charles-Christopher-cof-cof

12. Darrell says:

What… it’s not Scott?

• Nicoleta says:

I can understand this from some dreelas and considering the current sales rate maybe not as many dreelas should be selling them? As mentioned, the need to purchase specialized tools at the dealer level is not new. Each has to weigh their expenses against their returns.

13. CJDownz says:

Good little story and something interesting to think about! Thanks Scott.
    Note, though, that you spelt “forest” wrong ^^
    No biggie!

14. Empty W says:

It actually makes me think of these books, I own one ot them

15. Jaberry says:

I like it except the word “Free”. This doesn’t really feel like the right word. Not sure why. Maybe I would have liked it better had he said “I could be alive” , but “Free” makes it sounds like we’re responsible for him not being free.

Anywhoo. Just my two cents.

• bryan says:

“Free” was the right word, meant to contrast freedom by being accepted by society to the freedom depicted by the wilderness around him. Sort of a “grass is greener” thing. I liked it.

Also, that Big Foot has a big sack!

• Yeah, you kind of missed the irony there, Jaberry. It’s a little subtle, I’ll give you that.

16. joshaberry says:

“I could be alive” = so much better.

17. Cool! I for one am curious where this will go.

• Oddo says:

I began yesterday to reivew all previous blogs, and although roughly half way through, find them very enlightening. Thank you. Regarding this most recent post, I understand from a video conference that appears in another blog (Modern Money Mechanics Fiscal Sustainability Teach-In) that a JG-program was implemented in Argentina. Can you please comment on that experience, or point me in the direction of materials that may shed further related light? This country has one of the highest inflation rates in the world right now, but I have to assume that relates to other macro-economic policies in place, and not the specific JG-program that is the topic of this blog.

18. Darth_yoda (UK) says:

I really like this comic, I hope you do more like this Scott. Just because you haven’t put a joke in doesn’t detract from it at all.

19. Tigerguy786 says:

I like it! Since it seems that this is the beginning of a series, so I’m eager to see more. If, however it is a one shot, then it works that way though I’d be disappointed to see nothing else.

20. Iceflow says:

I really like it a lot. This actually reminds me of Drizz’t Do’Urden from the forgotten realm series when he was searching for somewhere he could call home. Very poignant and moving.

• Zam says:

Yeah, the EMployment Insurance proposals do inlucde benefits that most minimum-wage jobs do not inlucde. Health care is the biggest, but also child care, usually, and 401(k). Warren Mosler shrugs that off by saying he also proposes federal funding of health care and child care for everyone, not just JG workers. $8/hr with primo benefits would lure lots of workers from the private sector who do not have such benefits now.I think if we tried to do JG now, with 20+ million unemployed and underemployed, it would be a logistical nightmare and the cost would be politically un-doable, even if the JG wage were $10 cash only, no benefits. We first have to have a better fiscal policy (aka pump-priming ) to get unemployment down to a more normal level, and then JG needs to be phased in so as not to cause too much political shock.

21. BryanDavidWilliams says:

An appropriately somber comic after the halt of ELR. Seems like scott has a melancholy tone lately.

22. Alexia says:

Aww.

But does Randy know you made a comic about him? Y’know, loss of freedom because of his new baby, living out in the “snowy peaks of British Columbia”, and of course, all that hair. ;)

23. Slagathore says:

Scott, just days ago you canceled ELR and now this. Your not considering changing who you are, or rather your life style are you?! Or am I just reading into this too much? I haven’t played Wow since the early weeks of wrath of the Lich King and yet I still listen to the Instance every week along with ELR because of the personalities you, Randy, Brain, and O bring to the table, or the the internet actually. I’m really gonna miss ELR, I hope nothing else changes for the worse.

• hehe…relax dude. I had this story line planned for a while now. Not changing anything…just a little comic diversion here and there…been doing that on and off for 8 years. :)

• Slagathore says:

Thanks Scott! It’s a 3 hour drive from my house to my girlfriends that I make every other week and I’d be lost without The Instance, ELR, The Bugle, and Car Cast. Will Brian and O be doing anything else without ELR or do they other pod casts all their own?

• PACrivellaro says:

Something told me that Scott making a serious comic within a week of ELR being canceled was going to get people thinking he’d gone into some crazy depression and was morphing into some new, sad Scott.

… I mean… he’s not, is he? … Are we sure? …

• Sanjay says:

я покопался немного, нашел этот моментFour o’clock in the afternoon. Flies dead on the pvnameet. Dogs wet mops in their kennels. Shadows herded under trees. Downtown stores shut up and locked. The lake shore empty. The lake full of thousands of people up to their necks in the warm but soothing water. перевод:Четыре часа дня. На мостовой — дохлые мухи. В конурах комьями влажной шерсти — взмокшие собаки. Под деревьями жмутся короткие тени. Магазины в городе закрылись, двери заперты. Берег озера опустел. Тысячи людей забрались по горло в воду — хоть она и теплая, а все таки легче Я бы, наверное, сказал, что в конурах мокрыми тряпками лежат собаки ..хотя с другой стороны собаки то не потеют!

24. Vital-FX says:

Brilliant comic, one of my favourites now. Good job Scott.

25. Nakoma says:

I am waiting for the Jack Links jerky guys to come running into the frame… :D

• Gilshani says:

System is still broken. Too many lazy, good for nthniog VA representatives.I turned my papework in to my school 5 weeks ago (the earliest possible moment). Today is the first day of school and I’ve received no confirmation from the VA and no book stipend. My first day of school is ruined. I’m not taking easy courses that I can just hack my way through without books. I as the veteran have done everything right. I turned in my paperwork at the earliest time allowed. Now I am stuck waiting for my VA representative to get off his lazy butt and actually sent the paperwork to the VA. The VA rep at College of Southern Nevada (Charleston campus) needs to be fired. He is a lazy piece of crap and doesn’t care if veterans receive their benefits or not.

26. raybiker73 says:

I really like this one. Do you by chance read Proof (Image Comics) ??

27. prion says:

I never thought Bigfoot was a monster.

28. RandomDude1982 says:

Very compelling, the story already begins with just the very idea of Bigfoot hanging out at the local pub. I would very much like to see Bigfoot, ” become one of them”!

29. MasterTom says:

dude… no joke? who cares! Pure gold this one!